Tuesday, November 24, 2009

American Grocery Store

I trekked 45 minutes away from my cozy neighborhood to find the American Grocery Store. Seeing all the familiar brands was nice, but I decided that that the prices just weren't worth the trouble. I had to get Libby's pumpkin for our pies, John is the pie maker, for Thanksgiving. I thought about just skipping the whole thing and pretending it never happened but Bec said I was being unpatriotic. So tomorrow, Bec and I are making a Thanksgiving meal.
All the groceries you see in the picture cost $100! The box of life cereal was $12, but the kids felt it was a nice taste of home. We also enjoyed root beer floats last night. Can you believe Australians don't drink root beer? crazy! Well, we are going to miss all of you over the holidays, I think we get more homesick as the holidays come around. Hugs:)

No comments:

Post a Comment