Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Melbourne Cup

John and I had a little date the other day at the races. Tim and Bec were so nice to let us drop all the kids off and enjoy some time to ourselves. The Melbourne Cup is a huge deal here, it is a state holiday! John was feeling like he belonged in the mafia with his suit and hat.
I wanted to get this shot so you could see the city in the background. The weather was great, not too hot but a little windy.
The Melbourne Cup was the 7th race that day and a horse named "Shocking" took the trophy! The lady sitting behind us bet on Shocking and so she was very excited for the win.
Majestic Music was my pick for the 6th race because the jockey was wearing red,white, and blue! A lucky pick for me:)
I made my little hair "fascinator" with a flower and some fleathers. The fashion at the races is almost as important as the race itself. It was fun to get dressed up for a day.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful as always!:) How fun to go to the races and what a lucky day for you!:) Loving looking at your pictures. So are the girls. Miss you. Erin

    ReplyDelete